[Unlocked] “ Trade Publications ”
Module 2 – SLPSWOT ANALYSIS
For purposes of the Module 2 SLP, you will continue as an expert in the field of Strategic Management. In this assignment, you will blog about some aspect of the external environment of an organization, providing examples based on current events you have found in a recent article in a trade journal, newspaper, or magazine (e.g., the Wall Street Journal, The Economist, Business Week, or Forbes).
Hint: Visit either ProQuest or EBSCO-Business Source Complete in the library. Choose an industry that is of interest to you and find a recent article related to how one or more of Porter’s Five Forces or PESTLE have impacted your chosen industry. You may want to type in a specific force as a keyword (e.g., Social, Economic, Legal, Threat of Entry, Competitive Rivalry, Suppliers, Buyers, etc.). Be sure to click on “Trade Publications,” “Newspapers,” and/or “Magazines.” You may also select a specific company and discuss how a force (or forces) in the remote or industry environment have (for better or worse) affected that company.
For example, you might find a recent article related to how the fiercely competitive nature (one of Porter’s Five Forces) within the soda industry has affected the market share of such major retail company players as Amazon or Walmart. Or you might find an article that evaluates how a new law or regulation (in the remote environment) has impacted the healthcare industry.
Remember that you are playing the role of a Strategic Management blogger who is conveying to the public how environmental forces (whether remote environment or industry environment forces) are affecting a particular industry.
Your main article(s) for your blog entry must be no older than 12 months. You may, of course, use older sources to support your discussion and analysis; however, the current event article serving as the main focus of your paper must be no more than 12 months old.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- The minimum length requirement for this SLP Assignment is 3 full pages (excluding Title and Reference pages), to include 2 scholarly sources.
- Provide an APA-formatted title page. Use the APA 7 Template.
- The 3 full pages will include an introduction, body of work with 2 scholarly sources cited to support your work, and a conclusion (that aligns with your purpose statement, summarizes each section, and then wraps up into a final thought).
- Provide an APA7-formatted References Page (See APA 7 “References” section at https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/ ).
- Upload your paper to the SLP Dropbox before the assignment due date.
- Proofread your work.